Thursday, 22 August 2013

And I made: Peanut Butter Cookies

What do you say? 
Here I'm back again with sweet and tender peanut butter cookies.
I found the recipe in an old cookbook and had almost everything in stock.
I only had half of the chopped peanuts so I added almonds. 
They really don't look spectacular but mmmh - how yummy!
 
I love the both sweet and a bit salty taste.
That was my adventure in cooking today.
 The recipe is fairly simple:
 125 g unsalted butter
150 g peanut butter crunchy
225 g sugar
1 egg
150 g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
75 g unsalted chopped peanuts
 Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugar. Beat in egg.
 In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into batter. 
Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.
 Roll into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets.
Bake in a preheated 180°C oven for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.
 Flowers and apples from my garden.
 Playing around and around.
It took me a lot of time to decorate and change and decorate again and to take bazillions of photos, look through them and delete most of them. But in the end I was rather pleased with the outcome. 
Too bad that there's often no time to experiment so long with the food and the camera.
I think it looks already a bit autumnal. 
Yes, autumn is fast approaching.
My favourite colours!!!
Wish you some warm and lazy late summer days.
Miss Maple

8 comments:

  1. The cookies look good and the pics are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. It rally took me a lot of time cause I'm not so in practice but I must try more so maybe I can get better photos in less time.

      Delete
  2. I love the styling you did in this post, especially the fresh fig garnish. Fresh figs are one of my favorite parts of the summer :) Your cookies sound delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Eva, it means a lot to me that especially you said that cause you were my inspiration for this photo session.

      Delete
  3. The cookies look good to me!! I, too, love the taste of sweet and a bit salty. Your pictures are very lovely!

    XOXO
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sweet and salty at the same time that's the best. Sometimes more is more!

      Delete
  4. How wonderfully scrumptious! I love anything peanut butter related, cookies very much included. My mom always put a single good sized chocolate chip in the center of hers (before slipping them in the oven) when I was a child, and it's tradition I often carry out myself when I bake them as well.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jessica, next time I will do that - putting a bit of chocolate in the center. I think that would look and taste better and will be the icing on the cake. Thank you for the hint.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...