Monday, 24 June 2013

Strawberry fields forever

Last week I went picking stawberries in a field at the end of my street. It was more then 30°C and I was bathed in perspiration but anyway I couldn't stop picking until I had almost five kilograms ...
 ... because the weather forecast was bad and I was afraid that a lot of rain may 
spoil all the pleasant-tasting berries.
 But what to do with five kilograms of strawberries?
 I decided to make jam, ...
... strawberry sauce for the freezer, ...
 and stawberry ice-cream ...
 ... as a treat for the many hot summer days that I hope will come again.
Have happy summer days with lots of ice-cream and strawberry tarts.
Miss Maple

8 comments:

  1. Oh my sweet friend, what a splendidly lovely strawberry haul and array of sweet treats you whipped up with them. I love strawberries so, so much (which is great, because they're one of only a few fruits and veg my health permits me to eat without running into a lot of trouble) and eat nearly every day (at least five days a week most weeks). Enjoy all of your scrumptious berry filled goodies!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I want to thank you for the address you gave me: now I am ready to start crocheting! I will let you know if something good comes out...
    5 kg of strawberries are a lot of fruit, but I am sure your jam and ice cream are delicious! I love stawberries. What a pity they don't last long...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been so long since I've had a fresh sweet natural strawberry. The ones I find in stores are bland, sometimes beautiful but hard like little apples. Nothing beats a fresh juicy strawberry fresh-picked from the field. I can almost taste them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness what lovely strawberries. I can taste the sweetness now.

    Thank you so much for your kind comments. I will look around in your blog, so far I like what I see.

    Happy and sunny days ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a LOT of strawberries! But you put them all to good use, everything you made looks so delicious. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my goodness, that looks amazing! We TRIED growing strawberries this year but something/one has eaten ALL of them! So bummed as we had a ton. That jam looks AMAZING! But I'm putting myself on kitchen-restriction after my last two catastrophies, so I'll have to live vicariously through your awesomeness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Oh I just love strawberries..........look at all the wonderful things you have made ........dreamy summer happiness.........
    love V

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...