Sunday, 16 June 2013

Gypsy caravans

I lately found out two things about me that I didn't know before:
1. I've got the travel bug and my favourite dream is to go to New Zealand and Australia
and to England, England, England of course.
 2. I fell in love with those gypsy caravans that I saw in some blogs out there.They're looking so colourful and cosy and old-fashioned at the same time.
How would it be to combine both and make a tour with such a home on wheels?
Rather unrealistic maybe, but a heart-warming dream.
An illuminated gypsy caravan must be the purest joy at night.






That's Jeanne Bayol, the queen of gypsy caravans also called "roulottes" in French. She wrote two books about these magical vehicles.






Oh, how I want to be free of all obligations and go through the world in a gypsy caravan.
Who wants to come with me?
Happy days to us!
Miss Maple

9 comments:

  1. oh, wow !!! they are just soooo beautiful ! I need one; i want to live in one of them...thanks so much for this wonderful post !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautifully colourful. Wouldn't a holiday in one of those be delightful? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful aren't they. If you come to England you can stay in a gypsy caravan with the holiday company 'Under the Thatch' My parents stayed in one and loved it. M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I wish I could! Anyway let me know if and when you are going to leave!! :-) Very beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My parents have matching gypsy caravans in their backyard, and they are amazing. We might inherit one for a kid's playhouse, although it needs a new roof (which resembles a covered wagon.)
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi.........Just wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway hosted by Koralee of "Bluebird Notes" Blog for a gift certificate to my new Etsy Shop named: Daisy Pink Wish .....if you have time please check it out....would love to see you enter :)
    BTW...lovely photos!
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fantastic! Perfect Gypsy inspiration! It looks so cozy and inspirational! I have the travel bug too!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh like you I ADORE gypsy caravans, the romance, the rustic comfort of them. We've stayed in some wonderful ones over the years. One of the first posts of my blog featured a magical gypsy caravan/ old railway carriage. Glamping heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such marvelous colour palettes - each one evokes a different mood, paints a picture of a different kind of journey, and makes one reflect on the ancient culture that gave us such brilliantly lovely means of travel in the first place.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...