Wednesday, 12 June 2013

A present for my mum

Last time I was on the way to visit my mum and bring her presents, that means illustrated books about gardening and decoration, cause she likes reading them so much. 
I wore two of my favourite warm spring colours, yellow and lime green
 My seemstress sewed the skirt for me and used my favourite pattern. And what's more she added hidden pockets on each side of my skirt cause I find it handy to have some.
My daughter gave me the shoes cause she didn't like them but I think they're perfect to match a pale outfit.
 That's how my mother laid the table with her favourite pink china. 
Most of the items are from op shops and antique stores as well.
At last she's my mother and maybe it's in our genes.
Mummy is a talented decorator.
But what's inside this gift?
Well, I found a book about romantic knitting that's both available in German and English.
 I think I must borrow that next time.
There are so many ideas for dainty and delicate knit projects inside. 
And the photos are marvellous and inspiring.
Too bad that you can't look inside the book on Amazon.

Mummy is a highly gifted baker too. The chocolate tart had a hidden surprise inside. 
Bite by bite you get to the gooey middle of chocolatey heaven.
Three cheers for our lovely mummies!
Have a happy day and visit your mummies!
Miss Maple

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful outfit! I love those colors together and I love that you matched the gift! What a special day and your mom look like the most amazing baker!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mother's table is so beautifully arranged, and the cake with its hidden treasure...she is a genius. And what lovely gifts you brought her.
    Your ensemble is beautiful. Great skirt, and the shoes go with it perfectly. Plus, I have a weakness for berets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colour palette feels so fresh and warm - it's like June's best fresh produce come to life in an outfit. Much as you were (sweetly) saying in your comment on my outfit post today about blue and red, I wish I had more garments in yellow and olive/lime green like this so that I could take a major style cue from your beautiful outfit here.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is so sweet and full of love for your mom! The colours of your outfit go very well together, and yes I agree: the shoes are perfect wit it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...