Tuesday, 21 May 2013

England part V - Biddy's Tea Room

You may think that I only sat in restaurants when I was in England. No, that's not right but I enjoyed the lunck break when I sat there and had delicious meals with my classmates. So this time I'm going to present you Biddy's Tea Room which is a vintage tea house and the lovliest place in Norwich I found. Look here:
Come in and have a look around.
I want a Union Jack cushion like that in the leather chair:
What great old-fashioned lampshades in the shop window.
There was vintage china all over the walls. And you can buy everything and it's not expensive but unfortunately there was no free space in my suitcase.
This was china for dolls.
Let's go upstairs now.
I want a teapot that looks like a cottage.
Have you ever seen a pirate teapot?
Such delicious cakes and the gramophone really worked.
There were buntings of every kind everywhere such as lace buntings ...
... or paper buntings.
We had afternoon tea in Biddy's Tea Room. First we got our tea in a nice vintage teapot.
 Then we got lavender scones with lemon curd and clotted cream, fruit scones with strawberry jam, stilton-apple sandwiches and tuna sandwiches on a tiered stand. Mmmmmh, that was really jummy! I tried lemon curd for the first time in my life and found it heavenly. Must make that myself next time.
 I'm already homesick for Norwich and it's lovely places. I was so happy there.
Have a cozy Sunday, maybe with a nice cup of tea.
Miss Maple

6 comments:

  1. WOW - looks like my dream tea room! I want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a truly scrumptious place.....look at all the beautiful china. You must have been in heaven.
    Love the name too.....love from V at St Biddies

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a peculiar place, and very nice indeed. They have china for dolls too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesomely electric spot - I'd so love to spend a relaxing afternoon there, too. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm convinced I was meant to be born in the UK! I can never get enough to the darling shops, restaurants, fashions, foods, culture - just about every element of the culture there. If past lives are real, I think I must have been British in a prior life! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my dearest Jessica, thank you for your lovely comment on my English adventures. You wrote what I felt in the bottom of my heart. I'm English/British actually and it must have been a mistake that I was born in Bavaria, because I don't like Bavarian food, except pretzels, I don't like beer and Oktoberfest and I don't like to wear the Bavarian traditional costumes. All the time I spent in England I thought: yes, yes, yes, that's the place where I want to be actually. So I think we are some kind of people who were brought to the wrong cradle. But that doesn't at all mean that I don't like my parents or sisters. I'm only so in love with England and I'm homesick for England at the moment. Best wishes for you, my soulmate.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...