Tuesday, 14 May 2013

England part IV - Louis Deli

You know that I was in Norwich for a language course. Every morning when we had a break we went to Louis Deli across the street for our daily cappucino and I had the plan to try a different kind of Louis' seductive cakes every day that I spent there. Thanks to my lovely classmates I was even able to try small bites from their cakes so I could taste more different ones than I had thought first and I'm saying it aloud:
 British cakes are really delicious!!!
I must find a few recipes on the Internet and bake them myself soon.
 I managed to try:
Lemon Drizzle Cake
Eccles Cake
Chocolate Tiffin
(brought some home for my family)
Fruit Frangipane Tart
Bakewell tart
Madeleines
Flapjack
Fudgy Brownie
unfortunately I missed the famous Treacle Tart
and I can't decide at all which one was the best
 
 
The lovely inside and outside of Louis Deli:

They had appetizing bread as well but - you know - my plan ...
And other delicious food:
The lovely ladies from the staff:
My classmates took a photo from me in front of the cake display and said: 
"We're sure you'd like to pack the complete shop and take it home with you." 
Yes, Sir! That's it.
Have a sunny week!
Miss Maple

6 comments:

  1. Those cakes look so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit England and see all the pretty shops. That bread looks amazing. Deb (Ontario)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoroughly scrumptious sounding array of cakes you got to sample. Bakewell tarts are terrific - one of my favourite British sweet treats for sure.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am new here and I have noticed your beautiful photos...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, cakes of all kinds, language class, visiting Norwich! How much grander could it be? I bet the cakes were all delish! The pictures are lovely.

    xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love England, english shops are so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...