Thursday, 18 April 2013

My British birthday

Yesterday was my birthday and see what my dear children made for me:
It's because I'm going to go to Great Britain in ten days for a language course. I'm a little bit nervous and very excited. I'm going to live in a family and attend courses at the language institute in the mornings and in the afternoons.
 
I made these mini-cakes for my birthday guests. I bought the moulds some time ago and was eager to use them for several weeks. And of course I tried different flavours:
peanut-butter & vanilla
choco & rum 
orange & lemon peel
raspberry
amaretto & fig
(amaretto is an almond flavoured liqueur)
And I decorated them like that with some vintage plates:
 
 
 These were some of my presents:
 I'm going to show you the inside of the parcels another time.
 My mother painted another egg for me. Isn't the girl so cute?
It was a really wonderful and pleasant day with many hugs and kisses from relatives and friends and oh so many telephone calls. Why couldn't there be birthday every day?
Wish you a nice weekend!
Miss Maple

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, happy birthday! Looks like quite the feast! Enjoy your next year of life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cakes look amazing! Happy birthday and enjoy your trip to London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. herzlichen glückwunsch nachträglich !!! wozu brauchen sie denn einen englisch-kurs, miss maple ?! ihr englisch ist doch nahezu perfekt ! ich wünsche eine fabelhafte zeit in england und alles gute !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh happy happy birthday, may the year ahead be filled with lots of happiness and very special moments!!!!! The cake is truly so wonderful and I love the egg by your lovely mother.....so many delightful things for a very special and gorgeous lady.
    much love V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you! :) Lovely birthday cake! Must have been a pleasant birthday with all these goodies! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you and I hope you have a fantastic time over here! Your cake is amazing and Ilove all the little cakes you made. They look wonderful together and have made me feel hungry looking at them.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Miss M! Beautiful treats and a gorgeous table. Hope you enjoy your time in the UK - where will you be staying? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a marvelously scrumptious feast! That Union Jack cake is a work of art.

    Happiest birthday wishes, my very dear friend. From the bottom of my heart, I hope that you have an enchanting, joyful year filled with incredible memories!

    Tons of love & hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday!
    Your little rose cakes look great. Can you tell me where you bought the moulds? Enjoy your time in the UK and good luck with the course.
    Groetjes from Haarlem

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious cakes :) Happy birthday by the way :)

    ***

    The Marvelous World of Narcissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday! I hope you have a great time over here! The cake looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh happy, happy birthday darling!! What an absolutely wonderful feast, I'm so very, very impressed with the spread and the cake is simply glorious! Off to the UK? How exciting!!! I expect LOADS of pics and tales pleeeeeeeeeeze! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. A happy, happy birthday to you! I'm so glad you had a lovely time. Good luck with your language course here in Britain, I hope you will love it! =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dearest girls, it's so very, very nice to get birthday wishes from all over the world. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you all and I am so happy and honoured to know you. I enjoy reading your blogs so much and learning a bit about your lives in other parts of the world. Thank you for your "Bon voyage" wishes also. Let's hope that you can read better English posts soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...