Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Easter kaffeeklatsch for my family

On Easter Sunday my sisters with their family and my parents came to me in the afternooon. So I baked on Saturday with the help of my daughter, my nephew and my niece. We had lots of fun and tried making cake pops, a lamb and an Easter bunny. Afterwards I made three kinds of Gugls but I forget to take a picture, too bad! They were so nice on the cake stand with a tiny bit of cream and an even tinier chocolate drop on top.
 I tried to create a somehow "mad teaparty" feeling and used my vintage china collection and my beloved colourful glass.
I was inspired by the mad teaparties of Vanessas blog "A fanciful twist".
 This year I didn't dye the eggs but I wrapped them in silver paper to match the table decoration.
 I wanted to make "Eat me" and "Drink me" signs for the cakes and the teapots to complete the "Alice in Wonderland" theme but suddenly the time was over and the guests came in so I canceled all my ideas, hugged my relatives and we started to eat and drink and chat and have fun all the afternoon until late in the evening.
 We had too much from everything cause my sister brought a delicious lavender chocolate cake and there are mountains of sweet things left. I think we can eat cake for days and we must not take notice of the calls of the scales.
After we had had a real winter day on Easter Sunday again everyone has only one wish:
Let spring come not only on the Easter tables but outside also.
I hope you too had happy days with your friends and relatives.
A warm embrace to everyone out in the blogosphere.
Miss Maple

7 comments:

  1. So very very very beautiful!! Your guests must have been over the moooon! SO wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the flowers, so perfect for Easter. I love the interior of your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful table! It's almost a shame you have to eat at it - it deserves just to be admired. I would also have liked to see an AFTER photo of everyone beaming with satisfaction from their full stomachs and good cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous table setting! Sounds like the party was a big success! I really love the cake pops! Super cute!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh oh that table is truly and utterly delicious!!!!! What a beautiful way to come together and celebrate family.
    Love V

    ReplyDelete
  6. You truly set such an immensely beautiful holiday table scape, dear gal! I love all the uplifting pops of colour from the glassware and blooms, as well as the vividly hued china. So pretty and inspiring!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the most beautiful Easter table! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...