Sunday, 6 January 2013

Burning incense on Epiphany

Here in my area it has always been a tradition to burn resins on Epiphany cause the three Magi brought frankincense and myrrh to new born Jesus. You have to bring the smoking bowl to every room in your house so that the bad things have to disappear and no harm will happen in your house. Of course it's only popular superstition but it's a nice tradition too.
I did that almost every year since my children were born. This year I burned frankincense, myrrh, cloves and white sage. White sage is said to be a strong herb for purifying houses from dark energies.
 You need the feather to spread the smoke in every direction. I learned that you should only take feathers that you got as a present or feathers that you found. You mustn't buy a feather.
 You need the copper tongs to hold the charcoal when you light it.
Have a colourful day!
Miss Maple

1 comment:

  1. really lovely tradition and the incense looks like the proper stuff, I only ever burn the sticks. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...