Tuesday, 25 December 2012

I wanna wish you a merry Christmas

What we do on Christmas Eve:
First we go to the cemetary to visit the graves of my grandparents and my father. We light candles on every grave.
Then we go home and have Christmas cookies and drink punch together. On the table there's the Advent wreath too and all the four candles are lit. 
Afterwards someone (this year my daughter) lights the candles on the Christmas tree and calls the others to come in: "Das Christkind war da!" Then there are hugs and kisses and many wishes of "Merry Christmas". Sometimes we sing some Christmas songs.
The glass ornaments on the Christmas tree have been collected for the last 25 years.
 I've made these two guys from polymer clay 30 years ago when I was really young.
 I found the bauble in the center of this pic in an opshop last year.
 
 I found this carved miniature hobby-horse on a very special Christmas market from artists many years ago.
 My favourite meal: a pretzel! This time made from glass.
 So nice! A wonderful op shop find again.
 Even goldfish find their place on my Christmas tree.
 This cuter than cute polar bear was a present from my daughter.
 The roses were presents from my mother.
I love my sweet little birds.

 The following one is very old and was my paternal grandmother's one.
This one is also very old and was my maternal grandmother's one. It's very, very thin glass and I've already broken one of the three I had had.
  
This one is from an op shop again.
 
 Later in the evening we start to unwrap the presents that lie on the table. One after the other has to take his presents and they're opened with many cries of astonishment and joy.
After that everyone is hungry again and we have our traditional meal of sausages and sauerkraut with mustard and rolls. My husband and I have had this traditional meal in our families since we were little children.
Merry Christmas to all my dear readers!
Miss Maple

3 comments:

  1. Wow, your Christmas looks amazing!!!! Great decorations! Germans definitely know how to do Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What thoroughly beautiful holiday ornaments. I've always loved shaped glass decorations, too.

    Happiest holiday season wishes, my sweet friend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. just fantastic Christmas decorations, so pretty. I love the idea of lighting candles on graves. I might have to suggest that

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...