Thursday, 18 October 2012

Autumnal apple bread for my parents

Lately I tried a recipe for a sweet autumnal bread with raw apples which I got in my incense burning class. It came out delicious. 
So I brought one of the loaves to my parents and we had black tea with it.
Here's the recipe for four small loaves:
750 g roughly grated apples (with peel if you want)
125 g sugar
200 g sultanas
200 g  roughly chopped hazelnuts
some whole hazelnuts
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
500 g plain flour
a little bit baking powder
Let the grated apples mixed with the sugar marinate overnight. Add the sultanas, the nuts and the seasoning. Work in the flour and baking powder. Form four small loaves and bake at 160°C in the oven for 85 minutes. You can freeze it if you want. Serve in thin slices with black tea or fruit tea.
Have a colourful sweet day!
Miss Maple

1 comment:

  1. So wonderfully tasty looking. I really like the inclusion of hazelnuts in this scrumptious fruit bread. Walnuts or almonds could also work nicely in a pinch, I think.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...