Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Gugl for friends

I brought some of my huge Gugl production to a nice evening at friends. 
They thought the Apple Cinnamon Gugls were the best.
 Gugls are just the right thing for girls that have a sweet tooth. I must admit that's not me. I bake them for my family and friends.
 The white sweets amongst the Gugls are Noghul almonds. That are almonds in a sugar crust perfumed with rose water. They are served at weddings in Iran. You can get them here.

Apple Cinnamon Gugls
 100 g butter
100 g sugar
125 g plain flour
2 eggs
80 g grated apples
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
If you use the Gugl tins you have to add so much apple or lemon juice or milk that you get a relatively thin dough so that it can fill the fine grooves of the tins and you'll get pretty results. I always fill the dough in a small freezer bag, cut off one wee corner and with this tool I fill the tins. I hope you can imagine what I mean. The dough is enough for filling the 18 tins twice.

Have a colourful day, my dear girls!
Miss Maple

3 comments:

  1. That looks amazing and so delicious, your friends are lucky to have such an enthusiastic baker...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both you and your delicious sweet treats look absolutely lovely!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! These tasty treats look divine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...