Sunday, 26 August 2012

Cute mini-cakes called Gugl

As I wanted to find out so badly if the Gugl recipes work I made two attempts today. The first attempt with a chocolate cake recipe from the book was ok but there were some holes in the Gugls cause the dough was too thick. The second attempt with a lemon cake recipe from my own collection was almost perfect but I had to take way more lemon juice cause I wanted to make the dough thinner so that it could fill the moulds perfectly.
The lemon Gugls tasted so fresh, delicious and summery because of the large quantity of lemon juice that was in them. The chocolate Gugls had red wine and cinnamon in them which led to a warmer, wintery taste.
You can serve the Gugls with jam and cream. I put scented geranium leaves into my black tea for a finer, flowery taste. The Gugl recipe book includes also sauces that you can pour over the Gugls: red berry sauce, eggnog, red pepper sauce, marzipan sauce, beaujolais plums, ...
You can get the Gugl book and mould here. Give it a try! It's so much fun and one of the best party food you can bring when you meet your friends.
I want to try way more recipes. I also think of spicy versions with olives, oregano, cheese, dried tomatoes, caraway, ...
Have a colourful day!
Miss Maple

4 comments:

  1. YUMMO! These look absolutely delicious! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love those small cakes! Lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so terrifically cute! I'm surprised Gugls aren't more popular - they look like they could give cupcakes a serious run for their money :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet they are so pretty and look so yummy.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...