Sunday, 1 July 2012

New recipe from Miss Maple's "kitchen laboratory"

Once I wanted to make elderflower pancakes like my mother did when I was a child. But I couldn't find any in my garden cause my daughter took them all to make elderflower syrup. So I strolled through the garden and reflected what else I could take. So I got a glimpse of the sprawling lovage that had grown to a height of nearly two meters and was full of blossoms. No sooner said than done! I love to experiment and here's not even a risk. So off we go! I picked a lot of the lovage blossoms and also some leaves, dipped them in batter made with beer instead of milk and fried them in oil.
 
Yummy outcome! 
And so sustainable to use flowers you otherwise would cut and throw on the compost heap.
We had selfmade pesto of wild herbs, tomato pesto and dried cherry tomatoes with the fried lovage blossoms and leaves.
 
Mr W drank the rest of the beer and I drank tea from elderflower, lemon balm and currant leaves.
That's the giant lovage bush in my garden.
Have a colourful day!
Miss Maple

4 comments:

  1. What a marvelous, creative summertime meal! I've always been a big fan of edible flowers (roses are my favourite, but I rarely turn any bloom that's safe for human consumption down), so I'd love to give these a try some time. Thank you very much for sharing this treat from your kitchen laboratory! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this all looks AMAZING! So delicious and colourful! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this made my day, because I just love finding new favourite blogs to follow! :D
    I really like your style of interior and your outfits are perfect. I've actually recently started to show my outfits at my blog too and Imust say it's alot of fun :D
    //from Melany Mimmy Larsson at http://mimmy.spotlife.se,
    your new swedish fan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fabulous meal!
    I grew lovage once and it totally took over my garden! It was huge, but kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...