Friday, 1 June 2012

Water a Flower Day

Did you know that May 30th is Water a Flower Day? How weird is that? 
But funnily enough my son took photos from me on that exact day while I was ...
 Guess!
Exactly!
... watering the flowers on my back porch as every day since the middle of May when I planted the pots.
 Here I'm watering my two different mints that I use for making Pimm's. You know - the British summer drink.
In the background catmint is blossoming in blue. I wonder if I can take it for Pimm's too.
 Some sedums need a little shower.
 For the first time I planted strawberries in this so called strawberry pot. I hope they will grow and I can pick lots of these delicious fruit.
 Rosemary wants a shower too.
 That's the pot with the Mediterranean herbs like oregano, silver thyme and golden thyme. And I grow cherry tomatoes, Turkish peppers and tomato peppers. The flowers are marigolds which should be good for the soil in tomato pots and I love them anyway.
Now, that's me. I think I need a shower too cause it's too hot for wearing these clothes and I'm actually heading off to town. Also the sun is blinding me. 
I have to look for my sunnies.
  skirt: thrifted
beret: H&M
pullover: Xanaka
beaded collar: H&M
shoes: Hush Puppies
doggie brooch: fleamarket present
Have a colourful day!
Miss Maple

6 comments:

  1. you look adorable! i just love you entire outfit! these pictures just scream summer! :) keep them coming deary!! :)oh and i wanted to let yoou know i have a new chat box on my blog where blog friend can get together in one "room" and get to know one-another :) i really hope ill see you there! :)

    sinisterly,
    TheRitzyFlapper (Alicia)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Maple honey, I love plants!
    Your garden is amazing!
    I wish I had a big garden, but I live in an apartment.
    I sometimes have small plants and herbs.
    I really enjoyed your clothes, I love the brown color!
    Congratulations on your beautiful garden!
    Kisses and a great weekend for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you look so very pretty for such an important job. Making pretty flowers!!!!
    I just love catmint, happiness for pussycats.
    Your knit beret is just lovely.
    I hope you have a simply splendid weekend Miss Maple.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I've always liked quirky days such as "water a plant day". There's something delightful in knowing someone felt something so commonplace was worthy of assigning its own special day of recognition to. And one could certainly not look any lovelier than you do while accomplishing such a task as you appear in this beautiful photos, sweet gal.

    Thank you very much for your wonderfully nice comment on my vintage outfit post this week, I really appreciate it and hope you're having an excellent weekend.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful style! I love the colors!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so lovely! Love the beret! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...