Monday, 11 June 2012

New cabinet for my glass

Guess what I found at my local op shop: a cabinet in a special very, very soft chartreuse for only 3 €. It's great for presenting a part of my huge glass collection and I started at once to try some decorating. Enjoy!
 Can you find the little differences?
 
The blooming branch is a snowball tree. When we were kids, it was my grandmother's idea to make a snowball fight in the middle of summer with all the blossoms of her viburnum. She herself threw the most snowballs. Although she loved her garden to death she loved us grandchildren more and was happy to see us having fun all day.
 The following photo is taken with flash, which made the colours colder and everything looks much more transparent.
Some more variations. Which one is the best? Tell me!
My niece loves pugs, so this will be her birthday card next time.
Picture of Amish children taken by the famous photographer Bill Coleman.
He portrayed Amish people in a hidden valley somewhere in Pennsylvania for forty years.
That was the invitation card for the opening of his exhibition in our town last year.
There's also an illustrated book about Amish life called "The gift to be simple".
I would like to buy that book some time cause I've been interested in Amish life since I was a young girl.
 And that was the hidden background.
Have a colourful day!
Miss Maple

7 comments:

  1. I just love the colors, they could fit in here in my apartment! ^^ Have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cabinet! I love a colourful display. Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely color scheme and great display!

    Tye
    http://www.lagelledailydose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the colors of the glasses =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love the story of your grandmother, bless her. Snowball fights with snowball flowers, heavenly.
    Beautiful display.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great display case! I love vintage and second hand finds! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful glass selection and display. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...