Thursday, 7 June 2012

Carot gnocchi with two sauces

Last Sunday I tried a new vegetarian recipe. It came out easy to make and very tasty and - that's only important for silly girls like me - these gnocchi have a wonderful vibrant orange colour. So I'd like to share the recipe with you, my dear readers.
For four persons you need 1 kg carots. Cut them in big pieces and boil them until they're soft. Add 200 g of crumbled feta and blend the mixture in the food processor. Then you have to add 280 g flour, a pinch of nutmeg, a pinch of garam masala and one egg. (I added two tablespoons of semolina cause I was afraid that the dough was too soft, but maybe you won't need it) Bring two litres of water to a boil, salt and make gnocchi with the help of two teaspoons. They're ready when they come to the surface.
I made two sauces:
1.Tomato sauce from two scallions, olive oil, a can of 400 g of tomatoes, salt, freshly grounded pepper and oregano.
2.Cheese sauce from 200 g of crumbled Gorgonzola melted in 200 g of cream. If you want it spicy you can add some salt and pepper.
That's another combination of my favourite recipe: roasted vegetables. We ate them for dinner with white bread. This time I decorated the veggies with quarters of orange slices to add still more colour. Haha!
Have a colourful day!
Miss Maple

2 comments:

  1. What incredible food! I loved it!
    I love to cook and enjoy vegetarian food,
    but I also like red meat, chicken and fish!
    I have a food blog!
    Your photos were beautiful and the flavor should be even better!
    Kisses for you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that looks just delicious!!!! :) i just love food, it speaks to me hahahahahaha and those pictures just make me drool hahahaha! :) just amazing hahaha i can almost smell the amazing food you cooked my dear!! :) great job!!

    wishing you a lovely day,
    TheRitzyFlapper (Alicia)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...