Friday, 4 May 2012

Steve Wheen - The pothole gardener

This week I read in my local newspaper about the famous Australian born guerilla gardener Steve Wheen from London and his blog. He lives in East London, a grey concrete desert, in a small apartment without a garden or balcony. After being influenced from other guerilla gardeners he decided in the context of a design class at university to document his little pothole gardens in a blog. He explains:
"My neighbourhood has a distinct lack of green space; I’m a gardener with no garden. I want to spruce up my ‘hood, be it for just a few colourful moments."
All the following photos are from his blog: The pothole gardener
 
What a heart-warming, optimistic and pleasing idea. Let's all go out and plant flowers in the grey asphalt of our towns.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Wishing you a marvellous day in your garden, on your balcony or even out in a park!
Miss Maple

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...