Sunday, 8 April 2012

Family kaffeeklatsch at Easter Sunday

That's the second year that my relatives come to my home at Easter. Before we met at my parents' ,but I think now that they're both over 70 years it's my turn as the oldest of three sisters to host the family. And now I can give them a part of the love they gave to me.
My mother is a talented painter and every Easter she gives us a handpainted egg with subjects of her gorgeous garden on it. This year we got an egg with a dog rose. My sisters got a soft pastel coloured rose but as my mother knows that I love the vibrant colours she painted a pink rose for me.
See the marvellous eggs she painted in the last years:
 
 
 
And all the eggs together.
Maybe you want to see how I decorated our table:
I was in a hurry so it wasn't as beautiful as I wanted, but after all we had a lot of fun.
Have a colourful day and lots of fun at this long weekend.
Miss Maple

4 comments:

  1. Pretty! I loved doing this as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a talent! So pretty, all of them :) About Tweed run in London, we have that in Sweden in Stockholm too so next year I just have to be a part of that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and will happily follow.
    If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
    Have a great week.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing! Really beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...