Wednesday, 11 April 2012

DIY-project "Knitting a beret" finished

Last Monday I finished my first knitted beret and I'm really proud of it. The instruction was easy but I had to knit back several times cause it was a little bit difficult to get the right size.
I am so pleased with the outcome that I immidiately started a new one. The wool is called Royal Tweed ...
... and reminds me of the Tweed Run which I'm totally fond of at the moment. I would so much like to take part in that event where hundreds of cyclists in stylish clothes are riding through the city and having a nice tea break at some time. It takes place in London on the 6th of May and in many other cities during the year. But unfortunately there's nothing next to my hometown.
 
 
 Make sure to check out the Tweed Run sites of the big cities all over the world. There you can enjoy such great photos of well-dressed people.
Have a colourful day! 
Miss Maple


5 comments:

  1. Your beret is adorable! My knitting skills are completely lacking, so I'll have to live vicariously thru your beret brilliance. And, your make up looks beautiful.

    THANK YOU so much for the Munich advice! I was so stoked when I read what you posted...I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a sucker for adorable little hats! Yours is completely darling. One of these days I am going to have to learn how to knit a beret on my own.

    Heading over to check out the Tweed Run site...it sounds divine! xx Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beret looks so cute on you! Would love to join the tweed run, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The knitted beret i beautiful. It looks fantastic with the fur collar and white flowers.I wish I knew how to knit!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...