Friday, 6 January 2012

Treasures in my vitrine

Have a look in my vitrine where I collect cheap things, fleamarket finds and presents. The vitrine itself was restored by my grandfather who was a joiner and mainly restored old furniture.
 I like the following shelve best cause it's forest themed and everything matches. The eggs are handpainted by my mother who is a talented painter.
Here you can see a collection of frogs, some vintage jewellery from my grandmother and other collections. I made the bag myself from paper that looks like birch bark. The sculpture right in the foreground was made by my daughter in her art class. It's made of brass. She called it "pregnant laptop".
Grape pitcher and plate and raspberry can are from my sister in law. She likes going to fleamarkets even more than I. The yellow and orange thingies in the foreground are fans that I own in almost every colour. I'll show them some day.
On the lowest shelve there's a bit of a mess. I don't like it so much. It has almost no theme.
That is our dog Lassie that died two years ago. My daughter made her from clay many years ago when she was a little girl. You can see it on the first shelve left in the foreground.
 Here you can see the real Lassie doing her favourite activity: eating!
Or, as we used to say: Lassie is smoking her cigar.

We're still missing her sadly.
Have a colourful day!
Miss Maple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...