Monday, 30 January 2012

Malachite glass

I like coloured glass and I'm addicted to collecting, so my collection is grewing always. You've just seen my glasses with nubs. But at German fleamarkets you can sometimes find a rare kind of glass called malachite glass -  it resembles the gemstone malachite. I own only these two items cause they're normally really  expensive. This kind of glass was made in Bohemia/Czechia in the 1920's and 1930's.
 
The vase was 50 ct at an op-shop, that was a real bargain. The can was 8 €. (By the way, the flower branch is a handpainted leather brooch) But in the next pictures you can see what fabulous things there would be to buy - sometimes ebay offers items - but they're all too pricey.
   
 
Have a colourful day!
Miss Maple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...